Christmas 2017

12:11 PM


The month of December, Bryan was working in the PICU which was a really busy rotation. He had only one day off a week and worked long hours. I was really glad Seth and Tiffany's family came as it broke up the long weeks and so fun to spend time with family during the holiday season as I was really missing that. 
I was so blessed this holiday season as I didn't know how I could do it all with having a newborn baby. But let me tell you, Amazon prime was my best friend. The night of cyber monday, I sat in my rocking chair and bought most all the christmas gifts right then and there. How did my parents do Christmas without amazon?? I'm so spoiled!

Bryan had to work Christmas day and so we made Christmas eve, our Christmas. On Saturday, December 23rd Bryan came home and slept and then we took the kids to the movies to see Coco. We came home, had pizza and got ready for Christmas the next day. That morning we got up early before our 10am church and opened presents. I had been worried a little that because Bryan would be working Christmas and we wouldn't be celebrating it on the actual day, that it would be really hard but it actually turned out to be a great holiday. I have been really working on my thoughts around this time and how I wanted to think and feel, and I felt like it really helped me to enjoy this time even though it wasn't happening on the actual day. Then when Christmas came around, it was a beautiful sunny day and so I took the kids to the park for 5 hours as they played on their new christmas toys. All in all, it was so great! I'm so grateful for my Savior, coming to this earth as a little baby. Grateful for His example while He lived on the earth and then died for each one of us, so that we can repent and live with Him again. This message brings such peace and happiness. I love the Christmas season!






you'll shoot your eye out kid!

You Might Also Like

1 comments!