Summer in Oregon part 2

1:26 AM

Unfortunately, the stomach bug that Jocelyn brought carried over to all of my kids plus all the cousins and aunts and uncles. It seemed for two weeks straight, that someone was sick with the bug. I assured them that we would never be coming back again ;) It was great to see so much family though. With Ondalynn, Seth and Viv now living in Oregon/Washington we were able to see half of the cousins. Plus we were there when Alice-Anne, Julia and Emily all came around that time too. It was such a blast hanging out with family most every day!

July 4th started out with a pancake breakfast at the stake center where Dad gave an excellent message. Then we went home to get lunch ready for Seth's family to come and then later on we went to the Vances for a 4th of July BBQ and games at the park.


While we were there, Hudson called Tiffany the "singing lady" after seeing her for the first time. He asked me "can she not talk? Why does she only  sing?" haha! She really is an awesome singer so I would be singing all the time too if I were her! :)









Not sure what to think of those fireworks


the day after the 4th, Julia and I chopped our hair off!




One of the best times was hanging out with my sisters while Grandpa and Gary Johns were so kind to watch all 16 kids. 

We got lunch and Salt and Straw ice-cream



Christian discovered how to climb onto the roof and we found him most every day up there. I can not keep this kid on the ground








We also met up with some Williams cousin at a park before we headed to the zoo. We loved living by Herb and Ciara in AZ and so glad we got to reconnect again!






We also stopped by to see Katie Johnson and her cute kids. We were neighbors in AZ and loved seeing them and their new house.


Loved Christian's way of pushing Callie.

Saying goodbye to cousins





Kind of freaked us out one morning when we heard a knock on the sun roof and looked up.


At the park one last time before we head back

We were all so excited to see daddy!

I'm so glad we made the effort to go to Oregon even with all the sickness and crazy flights. I'm so glad my kids more than anything, got to bond with cousins and grandparents. Being far away has made me a little sad that my kids can't see family more often but being home was the best reminder of how awesome family is! And I'm so lucky to be part of a family that makes it hard to be far away from. We were treated so well by mom and dad! They did so much to make us feel right at home. Viv and Brett gave up their minivan for 3 whole weeks so I didn't have to rent one and the Vances hosted us for so many meals. We also got to make it down to Eugene to help Seth and Tiffany move into their new home. Pretty much, the whole 3 weeks was amazing! We missed Bryan though and we were equally excited to also get back home when the time came.

You Might Also Like

0 comments!