summer in Oregon part 1

12:45 AM

When we moved to Hawaii, I vowed to never return back to the mainland with my kids until we had to move again. I just didn't think I could handle that 6+ flight with kids again! Well, I had an itch to get back home to see family especially during a time where all of the cousins were gathering for a cousin retreat. I didn't want Evelyn to miss out and if there was a time for her to get to know her cousins, this would probably be it. So I braved the 9 hour flight to Oregon, solo! 

I had prepared myself by buying kindles for each kid as well as headphones. I booked a red eye flight for the way there and ALMOST switched it to a day flight but now looking back, I'm so glad I didn't end up switching and here's why.......the day of the flight, I was pretty much packed and so I took my kids to the park to get out all their energy for the flight. That night, as we are buckling up our kids to go to the airport, Jocelyn throws up all over. All I could do was laugh as "OF COURSE" this is happening! Hoping it was just because she ate a ton of watermelon, I put her in the bath quickly and got her back into a different carseat. On the way to the airport, she throws up again and then every hour after that!! Luckily it was a night flight, so she slept the whole time (besides the time she woke up to puke) and luckily all the passengers around us were sleeping too so it wasn't so obvious that my daughter was throwing up every hour. So a red eye flight was a win for us--but Poor girl! And unfortunately she kept throwing up for 4 days straight. It was not how I expected our trip to go. ha! 


how we survived the flight!

I was so sleep deprived that flight and I smelled like a ton of throw up, so seeing family at the airport with signs brought me to tears. haha!

My kids who slept a total of 2 hours on the flight, crashed all day at Grandma's house


playing foosball with grandpa!





Asher and Christian playing lots of games of stratego

Aunt viv was the best and took the girls shopping. They were convinced no one could tell them apart.

watching Baby Boss with cousins

the one of many beautiful sunsets

hot tub was always a hit at grandmas


all the sisters and niece showed up wearing black

Jocelyn loved the Caudle's cat

Evelyn and Kenna sleepover

Christian, Spencer and Elliot sleepover

Elliot and Christian were best buds

someone got into Grandma's reliv downstairs

Jocelyn LOVED baby Claire

Cousin time at Grandma's

Cousin retreat for the kids 8yrs old and +

Went to the pool with the Vances and Isaac was feeling all sorts of relaxation

Proud of Christian for eating a whole squid!

You Might Also Like

0 comments!