the day to day
4:54 PMI was super lucky in Arizona to be in an apt complex with a great pool and lots of amazing people. Going to the pool each day was instantly an impromptu playgroup. And then during the winter months, we saw so many people at the park.
It was a huge adjustment coming to Hawaii and not knowing anyone but also living in a home. I felt isolated from members of the church. Moms in the neighborhood are very nice but have older kids so they aren't going to the park on a daily basis to let their kids run around. I was just thrown in a whole new environment that made it tricky for me. I missed meeting moms every single day whether we ran into them at the park or walking around our complex. It took me a few months to come to terms that I may not see a lot of moms throughout the week. I love my kids a lot but it's so nice for me to see other people older than 7.
But this new situation as taught me a lot already. While we were in Arizona, there were so many activities/playgroups going on. I felt like I was rushing from one event to another. Life is MUCH slower and we really decide what we are going to do each day. Which has been nice too. I feel like I'm not rushed and therefore stressing my kids out too ;)
I'm learning to really love this bonding time with my kids and the things they teach me.....like who all the avengers are and such ;) So with that said, here are some pictures of our day to day life.
Even though we live in Hawaii, we don't always get to the beach as often as most people probably think. We usually hit it up every other week. Most of the time it's playing at a pool, or the parks nearby, at the YMCA so I can get some exercise in or just chilling at home. We are so lucky to have the best weather around!
















4 comments!