kids quotes

11:20 PM

Okay, once again I have a list of kid quotes that I don't want to forget:

--I've been trying to teach Evelyn modesty…..so we've been working on making sure that our shirt doesn't hang too low in the front or that you could see the stomach when she she raised her hands. Well, one day she came to me with her shirt hanging down low in the front and said "mom, can you see my hips?" (…..I Think she meant chest! :)

--Christian loves super heroes, especially spiderman, batman and captain america. Whenever he sees an American flag, he says "there is the captain america flag!" (I should probably teach him the real meaning behind the flag…..but it's so cute!)Well one day we were flipping through a magazine when he spotted Mitt Romney in front of an American flag and shouted "Captain America!!" (kind of wish it was true!)

--We've been learning about rhyming words lately and Evelyn who was looking at a book said "Mom! Peas and peas! It rhymes!!

-- It's hilarious the things Evelyn and Christian say to each other when they are mad. My favorite is when Christian says "Evelyn, I don't like you. I'm not going to be your brother anymore!"

--While we were in Oregon for Christmas, Evelyn walks into the kitchen while Grandma was reading her scriptures. Evelyn says "oh my mom and dad don't do that." Grandma, tried to explain that maybe they read the scriptures when she is asleep and so she never sees it. Her reply "Nope! They don't read their scriptures"
(looks like I need to stop reading my scriptures on my phone…)

--One morning, while the kids were eating breakfast, Evelyn was explaining to Christian where milk comes from
Evelyn:" So, cows make the milk and then the cows carry the milk and drop it off at the store……"

--Christian must be watching a little too many super hero shows these days or he must be a boy, because he is really into "fighting". So whenever he gets mad, his first instinct is to hit his sister. I've been trying to teach him, how sad it makes Evelyn feel when he does it and how it makes him feel when he acts like that. Well one time, he was unhappy with Evelyn and went up to hit her and said "I hit you and I feel HAPPY!!!

--Evelyn was complaining how much she didn't like the dinner that night. Bryan told Evelyn that mom works VERY HARD each night to make meals and we need to be grateful. Evelyn chimed in "no, most of the time, mom just does leftovers…."

You Might Also Like

5 comments!