Out of Africa

9:00 PM

Out of Africa: only 2 hours away and you get to experience a little of Africa :)

 It seriously was such a cool place. It reminds me so much of the movie, We Bought a Zoo. The feel and look was almost identical. I like it so much better than the zoo because it's smaller and you actually get to see a lot of animals up close. There is a small group of staff members there and it's an overall personable "zoo".
We got to go on a safari ride, feed giraffes and camels, see ostriches and zebras. We then saw a tiger splash show and a boa constrictor show. I was a little scared for the staff's lives at the tiger splash show since finding out that the tiger isn't trained. What they do is bring out inflatable pool toys and use it to get the tigers to "hunt." The tiger usually sprints and jumps for the toys that they are holding on to. Can you see why I was scared for them? One time, the staff member was "playing" with the tiger when the timing was off a little and he got bit (a little) by the tiger. Even though that was the extent of it, I was stressing out the whole time for them.  There is no way I could do that for a job.
Then at the end of the day, they have animals feedings where you walk behind the staff truck and you watch them chuck large pieces of meat to the lions, tigers, wolves and hyaenas (who were the most fun to watch).
Christian eating the carrots he is supposed to feed to the giraffes. 





tiger splash show
checking out the tiger up close


You Might Also Like

3 comments!