November 2013
8:14 PMThis month was an interesting one for us. Bryan was gone rotating at a hospital in Prescott which is about an hour and half away. Since our 2nd car died 2 weeks before he left, the kids and I were stranded the whole month without a car and husband.
The night he left, I was feeling pretty anxious and on edge. All three of my kids were sick and my husband was about to leave.
That night he gave each of us a priesthood blessing. I didn't realize how much of an anchor that one blessing would be for me that month. Whenever I would get discouraged, impatient or frustrated with my kids or the situation, I'd think back to that blessing and the words and spirit that spoke to me that night.
Lucky for us, he could come home on the weekends, so I was able to cram in all my errands and grocery shopping in on Saturday. We were also so lucky to have such great weather so I could walk everywhere (doctors, grocery store and park)
One of the many tender mercies that I don't want to forget happened the first day he was away. On Monday, all of my children seemed under the weather and so I took them in. I pulled out my jogging stroller and realized it had a flat tire so I borrowed my friend Collin's. At the doctors I realize that they all three had fevers, Hudson had an ear ache, Evelyn had croup and Christian was having bowel problems.
I walked home after that doctors appt overwhelmed and not knowing how I was going to take care of all three kids by myself that week. I dropped off the stroller and talked to my friend about it but was in a hurry since Hudson was crying. She was so kind to pick up my prescription and brought it over that night. When she did, she mentioned to me that the word had spread that night about my situation and I had dinners coming to my apt all that week. I couldn't help but cry that night, knowing that the Lord was fully aware of my situation.
Overall, the month went surprisingly well--but we are excited it's over with :)
| getting to meet up with old friends, the Chows |
| we learned about manners and the letter M at preschool |
| We are so so sad, to have Kiya and her cute family leave and move to Idaho. Preschool just won't be the same :( |
| Saying goodbye to Sailor |
| I love this picture---can you tell which child we love more ;) |
| We were so lucky that my brother Seth and Jackson were able to stay a short time with us before heading to the Grand Canyon. Jackson was so nice to read to the kids! What a stud! |
| One Saturday, we surprised my friend Collin for her birthday. We came into her bedroom at 6am, (such awesome friends :) and woke her up with the birthday song and we all went hiking...... |
| and then out to breakfast! So fun!! |
| Hudson up close and personal with a new friend |
| She's was so excited to get a package in the mail and find out it's a present to her and Christian......a little people Nativity set (thanks A-A) |
![]() |
| We are all excited to have dad home |
![]() |
| Evelyn was so proud that she did Hudson's hair |
| sleeping bags, a movie and dad. The best! |
![]() |
| It's crazy how good this kid is on a skateboard |
| Bryan's turkey was amazing this year! |
![]() |
| decorating the tree |
![]() |
| This tree didn't last an hour before Mr. H got a hold of it |






1 comments!