general conference surprise!
8:14 PMLike I said in previous posts, I'm not a spontaneous person but I'm working on it! :) So during the month of October, Bryan was rotating in Psychology. The first week, his hours were awesome! Everyday he would be off around 11am. So with this low key rotation, Bryan came up with the idea of driving the 10 hours up to Utah for the weekend to surprise his family.
You see, I'm not much of a road trip person and so the thought of it was a little daunting. But at the same time, it sounded so fun and I love surprising people and if we left friday afternoon, it wouldn't be so bad. So on Thursday night I prayed about it and felt good that this was a good desicion so we committed to going. The next morning, I got the kids packed and snack food ready. Ironically though on that day, Bryan never got off early----in fact he didn't get home until 5pm.
I was so ticked at this point because we wouldn't make it until Saturday morning and then we would have to turn around the very next day. But after seeing Bryan so disappointed, I decided "what the heck" lets just do this.
We got in Saturday am and slept for 2 hours before we headed over to surprise my parents who came down for General Conference. We arrived at my sister's house and knocked on her door and their reactions were priceless!


0 comments!