faith of a child
8:37 PMThere is one pair of shoes that Christian only ever wears. Mostly because they are fast and easy to slip on and he can walk so well in them. I love them and so when I lose them, I go crazy!
Last week, we lost them and I spent hours searching for them. I tore the apt apart trying to find where Christian would have put them. I looked in the most random places, well because, I have found that my kids like to do that :)
One morning, I was getting desperate and decided to just go buy a new pair, when I decided to look a couple more times. I thought that this would also be a perfect time to involve Evelyn in teaching her about prayer when something is lost.
So I told her that we needed to pray for help in finding Christian's shoes. She told me that I would pray for the shoes and that she would say a prayer to find her lost (broken)watch (which I had no idea was lost but apparently it was important to her)
I went ahead and said a prayer, praying for direction in finding the shoes.
Then Evelyn said her prayer which went like this. "Heavenly Father, thank you for helping me find my watch. Jesus Christ, Amen"
I chuckled a little bit and then it hit me, wait!, my child has way more faith than I ever do and already KNOWS Heavenly Father would hear and answer her prayers and is expressing gratitude in ADVANCE
Sure enough, we found her watch 5 min later.
It took me hours after that plus buying another pair of shoes BEFORE I found them.........lesson learned. I could use a lot more faith!
9 comments!