Some thoughts of AZ

10:11 PM

Now that we have been here for 3 weeks I feel like I know the area and how to get from place to place....mostly attributed to the fact that I have been lost countless times. But we love it here.

My thoughts so far on AZ and recent happenings:
--We are getting used to the fact that once the sun goes down it doesn't mean that the temperature cools down with it. For the past couple of nights it has stayed in the high 100s all throughout the night. (I'm scared to see our electricity bill)

--Everything in our area seems so kid friendly.....especially the library! In Provo, going to the library with Evelyn was always a headache because all she could do there in the kid section was strip books from shelf to shelf without reading any of them. But here they have tons of puzzles, train tracks, stuffed animals, toys, puppets, kitchen set. etc etc. I can just sit back while she plays from puppets to trains without worrying about the mess she is making. It's fabulous. We could spend (and we do) hours each day there.

--Also speaking of kid friendly, Midwestern is a very family oriented school. They even have a party for the families during finals week as an "apology" for taking away their spouse. I'm down with that!

--Because our ward takes in a lot of Midwestern students, the moms here get together for playgroup ATLEAST twice a week which has been such a nice break for me.

--Bryan was commissioned into the military on Friday......which means no turning back! We had been debating for quite some time if we should join the military to cover medical school costs and both Bryan and I were  convinced we didn't want to do it. But God had a different path for us to take and so we are taking a leap of faith and joining the army.

-- Speaking of Medical school, Bryan started this week and it makes me sad to think "summer break" is over!

But with all this said, I miss my family and friends (and cafe rio) in Utah way too much! I miss the sunday meals with my siblings or the daily outings to the park where I was guaranteed to see friends from the ward. So I love AZ but I wish I could get the best of both worlds!

FASHION AT ITS FINEST! This picture makes me laugh. She came out of her bedroom , hair parted down the middle, uncoordinated shirt, shorts and boots. (Ps. She insists on wearing those boots to the pool sometimes)


Making a Happy Birthday card for their uncle on a mission


Bryan was getting a little too bored at home. It's a good thing school is starting up!

You Might Also Like

9 comments!