The Sun State

9:55 PM

We are now official residents of Arizona! We got here on Friday and are almost melted by the scorching heat. Despite 111 degree weather, it is so pretty here and we love it!

Here is how the rundown went. We left Oregon on Tuesday, spent Wednesday with my sister in Salt Lake City and then left on Thursday for AZ, stayed with my aunt in Kingman AZ and then finally arrived on Friday!


 Our poor kids spent way too long in the car and we spent way too long with our kids in the car but luckily no car trouble this trip around!

A couple of months previous to the move, Bryan and I knew we couldn't afford to come down to look for an apt so I did a lot of searching online (seriously, what did people do without the internet?) and called some people for their opinions and after spending too much time, I just took a leap and faith and hoped it would work out. We love our apt (even Evelyn does too, who calls it her "new house") and there are lots of perks that come with it.

Perks...in no particular order:
1. Washer and Dryer (ok, so this is my number one perk) We have gone all 4 years without one and I was
     so tired of becoming best friends with quarters and finally ready to have one IN my apt!

2. Fitness center

3. Big pond and swimming pool





4. Free hot chocolate. True story here: Bryan walks in from dropping off paperwork at our management's office with hot chocolate. Let's not mention it was 110 degrees outside. He was so excited to tell me that it was FREE. I guess when you are life long students you take anything that is free.

5. Awesome ward. We have only attended our ward once but I can tell I'm going to like it a lot!

6. Gated community. This is a plus and minus. It's nice to feel "secure" in our apt complex but when you can't figure out how to punch in your code to open the gate, it becomes embarrasing. This has happened multiple times.

So now that we have convinced you Arizona is Zion, please come visit us!! You can stay in our living room!



And I loved these pictures and video taken during the chaos of unpacking:



You Might Also Like

6 comments!