four

10:39 PM

Four years have quickly gone by since I was married to my best friend. 


I really believe that I got the better end of the deal when we sealed the knot. Bryan has made me a better person and is still helping me improve in areas that I struggle in. Today I was thinking of all the things that I have learned about Bryan and what he has taught me since that day on August 24th 2007. So since it's our fourth anniversary, I thought I would list my top 4.

1. He doesn't stress out about those things that have come and gone. For example, the first time I got a ticket I walked through the door in tears so embarrassed about what had happened especially since we were tight on money. Bryan never showed one sign of frustration but instead listed off all the times he got pulled over in the past. 
OR, just a couple of days ago our car got stolen and I was irate. But when Bryan came home from a long day at school and heard of the news, he simply replied "well that sucks!" Not once did he complain or get mad at those thieves. He is so good about putting the past behind him and having the mentality that what has happened has happened and you can't change it.

2. Bryan lives by the motto 'you work hard so you can play hard'. I stress about money but he reminds me often that we earn money so we can spend it! The phrase most repeated when we do our budget is "Meredith, you can't stress about money until I start to stress about our money."

3. He has lots of dreams in mind and works toward accomplishing them. Some of his dreams include.....
           -building a plane out of wood
           - becoming a doctor
           - starting a business or two (he always has a business idea in mind)
           -getting shot at and still live (this one I don't get, but apparently he thinks it would be cool since it's a rare occurrence)
            -writing a book and publishing it

4. Always positive! This is one thing I have always loved about him. So, back to our stolen car (can you see how I'm the one holding the grudges....) after it happened we were sitting at dinner and Bryan was listing off all the tender mercies that have occurred even though the car itself was gone. Some of the blessings he listed were
             -this is a rare thing for most people! And we got to be one of them
             -at least just the umbrella stroller with poop stains was the only thing in the trunk
             - no one was hurt
             -our car might be shown on the 10 o' clock news that night
             - now we don't have to go change the oil like we were planning that day! etc. etc.

Can you now see how life with Bryan is so fun! And it keeps getting better. Even though Bryan is gone to school about 13 hours everyday when he comes home for dinner he is HOME. He give 100 percent attention to the kids and I. It's been so fun to be living this dream with him. I can already tell that this year might be one of the best years of our marriage (which make our past sound pathetic if medical school is the best years but trust me on this one!) 


*PS to those family members who are wondering if we heard anymore news about our car: We found out yesterday that the police did find it! Unfortunately though the thieves started it on fire. We are still waiting to hear back, after they investigate the car for evidence, if anything is salvageable. We really have been blessed through it all. Luckily we have my in laws suburban that they let us borrow when we moved to AZ. Since the end of July they have been meaning to come pick it up but the timing never works out for them to do it. So the Lord is really looking out for us and has provided a way for us to still get around places. So we are doing just fine......ESPECIALLY now that my dear cousin has given me some mase to put in my purse for any future events. :)        

You Might Also Like

6 comments!