A month of catch up
9:54 PMI realized last time I posted Christian turned 1 month old and now I'm getting around to posting again and he is turning 2 months in a couple of days. I'm lagging behind....majorily. So here I am recapping the last month.
Bryan:
He unofficially, officially graduated from BYU. He still is taking 2 more classes during the spring but since we won't be here in August to walk, he officially graduated in April. Sorry there are no pictures of graduation because.....well, he didn't go. Which I have to admit I was glad he didn't care to walk because taking care of kids during graduation did not sound appealing. So instead we went out to eat lunch!
| Evelyn's sign to daddy on graduation day |
Meredith:
Life is crazy with 2 kids. Looking back on it I wished I took more naps when I had Evelyn, because naps don't really exist anymore. It's so hard to line up their naps at the exact same time. Luckily Christian sleeps so well at night (more on that later)
I have realized that having 2 kids I'm more useful with my time. If I have 5 min to spare I try to get as many dishes cleaned or start early on dinner. It has helped me to be way more productive.
One exciting thing though I have to document is the purchase of my new love (besides my kids and Bryan).....my double jogging stroller. I'm in heaven and wonder what I did for so long with out it. For 2 months now I have placed Christian in the travel system stroller while Evelyn sat on top of the stroller where the cup holders are. It was pretty ghetto but that was our only option. The only downfall is I live on the 3rd floor and I'm not willing to leave it outside with my other cheap strollers so getting down the stairs is half my exercise in itself especially when I'm taking 3 trips to get all my kiddos down. I'm sure I'm a sight to see by my neighbors.
Evelyn:
--She talks like crazy and is putting 2 or more words together at a time
--She can dress herself even though her shirt may be on backwards and the pants don't match at all but it's so cute to see her so proud of herself.
| Dressing herself and so proud! |
--This child takes off her diaper every hour. If I don't come get her the moment she wakes up in the morning she is usually butt naked sitting in her crib. Luckily she hasn't seemed to poop or pee in it yet.
--While in the car she becomes very impatient. If Bryan and I aren't driving above 40 MPH she is kicking the driver seat while yelling "GO! GO! GO! The worst is when we hit a stop light. I try to explain to her that we can't move until it's green but that doesn't suffice.
--Her favorite down time activity is cleaning in between her toes (I'm dead serious) She could sit for hours cleaning out all the dirt that lies in there.
-- Evelyn is still very much addicted to her pacifier. She knows that her pacifier is only for night, night time so when she wakes up we let her know that she needs to leave her pacifier in her crib. She is way too smart for her own good because she gladly goes to her crib and places it far enough where she can still reach through the bars to grab it for when mom is not looking. Or she will place it on her blanket so when she wants it she just needs to tug on the blanket and the pacifier will come with it.Often times I have walked in her room and found her sucking on it. Surprised to see me, she drops to the floor and lays on a blanket and tells me "night, night mom."
-- My favorite phrase Evelyn uses is "Whoa Big!" She uses this in reference to anything she thinks is big. Just yesterday I was changing her dirty diaper and she was interested in seeing her poop so I showed it to her and she immediately turned to me and yelled "WHOA Big!" over and over again.
| Evelyn wanted to wear a Moby wrap just like her mom |
Christian:
2 words :PERFECT CHILD!
I don't know what I did to deserve such a mellow, content and fabulous newborn. I may be jinxing myself but for the past week he has slept a 5-6 hour block every night. I wonder sometimes if we forgot to turn the "on" switch on this baby but I'm enjoying every minute of it. Poor guy still gets dropped and hit by his older sister but he is still so sweet and resilient! He smiled this week for the first time and we are eating it all up!
| GQ pose |
7 comments!