Trip to NYC with Adrianne

2:41 PM

My cousin Adrianne and her family moved to Pennsylvania in the summer of 2020. We had them over for Thanksgiving and while they were here she was telling me how she really wanted to go to New York, before she had her baby. I also really wanted to go to NYC before we moved so we decided to make it happen. I picked her up on Friday Dec 11th around 3pm and then we drove into NYC. We booked a hotel down by the statue of Liberty and it was surprisingly quiet in that area. I wasn't sure if it was because of covid or not but it was nice how empty it was. We then found an amazing place to eat pizza that night. 
We spent Saturday, walking all over NYC with cousin Logan as he showed us some amazing bakeries and then he kindly took us on the subway to the statue of Liberty. (The subway was surprisingly so difficult to figure out. We got lost so many times it was comical) Then we walked up to Times square and saw the Rockefeller Christmas tree and ate at an amazing Mexican restaurant for dinner. 
I think we walked about 25,000 steps that day. Poor Adrianne was 7 months pregnant and handled it like a champ. Then on Sunday we went to the 9/11 memorial which was so humbling to hear so many stories of heroes who sacrificed their life for others. I didn't expect it to be such a spiritual experience as it was.
 We then checked out of our hotel and went up to Central park and then ate this amazing mediterraneen restaurant. As you can tell, we ate a lot and it was all amazing!
We then started our drive back to PA and then I drove home to Maryland after I dropped her off. I got home around midnight. 
I'm so glad I got to go. I had never hung out with Adrianne much except for reunions and everything felt so natural. We have lots of common with her having 5 kids and being in the military......and of course the red hair. But I loved all of our conversations about family, marriage, the church and raising kids. I felt like we had so much to talk about and it was so fun!











while I was gone, Bryan was so brave to take the kids hiking and then set up a fire to roast marshmallows













 

You Might Also Like

0 comments!