Thanksgiving 2019
5:32 PM
This was my first time hosting a real thanksgiving dinner and I'm impressed nothing was severely burnt or we didn't end up getting sick from the turkey ;) Success all around! In fact it was such a fun day and way less stressful than I envisioned it would be. Unfortunately Bryan had to work that day but that forced me to prepare way ahead of time. I made the cranberry sauce, dried the bread for stuffing, and made the pie crusts days ahead and really saved me tons of time. It was so fun to have Crismon and Danielle come down from New York and Dallin and Janelle from Virginia. I hadn't seen Crismon for years and he hadn't met half of my children so it was so fun to catch up!
We played endless games of splendor and Skull king. Dallin's family had to leave the next day but Crismon and Danielle stayed until Monday. Saturday I went with C&D and Evelyn to the African American museum and when we got back we got a babysitter and went out to the cheesecake factory and stuffed ourselves full before fast sunday ;)
On Sunday we played a few last games of skull king and Crismon was the funniest person to play with. He is so competitive and even more competitive against his wife and so it was funny to watch Danielle win against him.
the party begins!
seriously the most amazing food!!
the indoor "shower" at the African American museum
0 comments!