Sunday school lesson on faith

6:46 PM

Being a sunday school teacher has stretched me more than I ever anticipated.

It has forced me to really dive deep into the scriptures and constantly be thinking about my lesson throughout the week.
It's taught me to be close to the spirit and to to rely on the Lord even though I have no idea how to teach this lesson.

I've come to learn that the Lord doesn't always give me the "lesson outline" of how to teach it at once but little by little I study the scriptures, manuals, and conference talks and slowly I get a little inspiration. I've also learned to have faith even when its sunday morning and I have no lesson prepared.

This happened a few weeks ago. Ironically it happened when we were studying in Hebrews on faith. I had studied all week long yet I had no idea how to approach the lesson.

Finally on Saturday night I wrote out two lesson outlines to see which one fit the best. Again, I was so stumped. Nothing felt right.

It was midnight and I went to bed defeated and in tears wondering how I would stand up in front of the class with no lesson.

I was getting ready for bed when the spirit whispered "Do YOU have faith?" It was almost a little slap in the face, wake up call for me to think.... Do I have the faith in Jesus Christ to know that He will be with me even if I show up to class without a lesson? I'm not sure if I had enough faith for that.

And so I prayed that night, harder than ever for faith that I could stand up there and ask questions and present a lesson even if I didn't have anything beforehand.
During sacrament meeting thoughts came to my mind and wrote down a small outline. During the class I shared my experience of studying for this lesson and the cool thing was, so many other people had experiences similar to mine.

Most of the class, was members sharing their testimony on faith and it was exactly what needed to happen. There is no way I could have created a lesson outline for that!

I'm grateful to know that even though I don't always complete faith all the time. He loves me to help give me added faith in moments I really needed it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments!