Summer 2019

5:07 PM

I think I was little traumatized from last summer when we moved to our house with none of our belongings but a few suitcases, I had no idea of places to take my kids and it was blazing hot. It was a rough summer that felt like eternity. I was determined to fill my summer up this year and I think I went a little overboard on it but it was seriously so fun! 
After some convincing from Callie Alfandre, we got season passes to six flags and also a pool membership to the county pools. We lived in our swimsuit the whole summer either going to six flags or the pool. The best part is we had some awesome friends to go with. We love the Alfandres! Going to six flags with them made it so doable because they had older girls to escort my kids on rides when I was stuck with Ivan or they gladly took Ivan off my hands to play with him in between rides. I loved hanging with Callie, she was so easy to be around! I'm so bummed they are moving to Utah! But so glad we got to hang the whole summer while they were here. 
Here is a recap in pictures of our summer!


Hudsons favorite ride

Madeline and Ivan

we had to stop and take a picture overtime we entered. haha!

Bryan came with us sometimes and it was the best!


with our food passes the kids got dippin dots and I think it was their highlight of the trip everytime. (Elyse, Jocelyn and Emma)

Jocelyn sporting summer at its finest

I also put the kids in vacation bible school for a whole week. Another super fun activity that my kids LOVED!



Ivan and Jocelyn being cute!



For the 4th of July, Bryan had to work, but Dallin came up with his girls since Janelle was also gone for a wedding. It was so fun to hang with them. I just loved all the stares and comments when we got from people when they thought Dallin and I were married and had 9 children all under the age of 11. ha!
They were so nice to take Evelyn back with them for a whole week! She had so much fun being with her cousins! 


that's right, mexican food on Independence day!






After picking up Evelyn from Virginia we made a fast trip to Ohio for Mason's baptism. We are so glad we got to go and see grandparents and cousins we hadn't seen for a while. They also took us to this fun lake where they had inflatable rock walls and slides. Trying to get up on the inflatables made me realize once again how little abs I have! 








 The day after we got home from Ohio, Evelyn left a whole week for Safety patrol camp. I was worried how she would do without talking to me all week, but she did just fine and told me she didn't miss us much at all. haha! She made some friends and ate some amazing food. She made the comment of all the sugar cereal she got to eat! ha!


The kids worked hard at being respectful at dinner and earned their trip to a fancy restaurant where we ate a chocolate piñata!



Bryan also took the kids camping and hiking (6miles) in Shanedoah park! The kids vowed that they will never go camping again if they make them hike. ha! They saw a few bears too!




Lots of splendor games were also played in the summer. This time Christian finally beat Bryan!


Lots of time at the pool!




Can't forget all the fun times with neighbors. I laughed when 3 different neighbor kids showed up to eat pancakes with us for breakfast. I love this neighborhood. The kids just roam from house to house!


We also made it to the beach for the first time since Hawaii. We tried out Dewey beach and it was crowded. We weren't used to a billion people at one beach. You felt like you were stacked on top of each other. The kids had so much fun and didn't want to leave that night. They complained so much in Hawaii for always going to the beach but a year of absence, there was not one complaint!






all the sea-shells from the beach!


You Might Also Like

0 comments!