Birthday #31
11:52 AMFebruary 1st was my 31st birthday. The night before my birthday I was in my rocking chair nursing Ivan. Everyone was asleep and I was listening to the rain come pouring down. I thought about where I was at in my life and felt this huge surge of gratitude for my Heavenly Father. Grateful that I had a home over my head during a huge rain storm. Grateful that I have a husband who loves me and willing to provide for our family. Grateful for my kids that bring me joy and and helps me be better. Who gives me thousands of kisses, hugs and I love you! Grateful for my family/in laws who support me along my path in life. Who recognize when I need help and always step in. Grateful for the gospel that has brought me peace these last 31 years and allowed me to be where I am today. Grateful that I live in a pretty amazing place and get to enjoy the beauty of the earth on a daily basis. And grateful for a healthy body that has allowed me to enjoy all of these things. I HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED!
That night was a really spiritual night for me as I thought about all these things.
I woke up the next morning on my birthday, feeling so happy. The kids were so sad to see that Bryan forgot to hang up streamers or do balloons or write notes, but it honestly didn't matter to me. I had a whole new perspective.... on that day it was less about me and more of gratitude for my Heavenly Father for the life I had. It made that day so much better, no expectations but just gratitude which is one of the best feelings ever!
I had preschool at my house that day but didn't tell any of the moms because I would rather keep it low key. My friend Rebecca had a drs appt for her little girl while her other daughter Sasha was at my house for preschool. It so happened that Bryan was her pediatrician. So he told her it was my birthday and she was so kind to bring over donuts.
The rest of the day was chill, talking to family and friends and then I took dinner over to a family in my ward whose mom was out of town for a funeral.
Overall it was a fabulous day and look at these cute kids I get to stay home with all day!
0 comments!