Evelyn turns 8!

12:33 AM

Evelyn turns the big EIGHT!! I look up to Evelyn for being the oldest and always patient with her mom and dad who are trying to figure this parenting thing out. She often is the guinea pig and gets the brunt of it. She is such a sweet girl that wants to do what is right.

I love her answer when the bishop asked her in her baptismal interview why she wanted to get baptized. She said "because I want to live with my Heavenly Father" 
She was so good about reading her scriptures months prior to getting baptized. It was really special for her to read most nights with her grandma Lewis over the phone. She also got to participate in group FaceTime with her Grandma Lewis and other cousins who were getting baptized that year. 

At the age of 8, Evelyn loves to be around people. She tells Bryan and I how she lays in bed, with the door open so she can hear our conversations. She loves to know the ins and outs. She is also so observant. It's hilarious when she gets home from school she can immediately tell if I've been to the store that day.

Evelyn loves gymnastics and she is really good at it too. She loves to do math and is getting really good at reading. She was rising star at school this year. She is well loved by all her friends!

The one thing Evelyn really wanted to do for her birthday was to see dolphins. I was a little worried because its a hit or miss if you ever see them in the ocean unless you pay a ton of money to go to the sea life park. Bryan had the day off on her birthday and took her out of school so they could kayak at a bay and sure enough there were SO many dolphins swimming all around them. She got to jump out and swim with them. It was a dream come true and a true tender mercy from her Heavenly Father that day! Evelyn is a special girl.







You Might Also Like

0 comments!