Evelyn turned Seven!

1:04 AM

Miss Evelyn turned the big seven in Feb. She had been looking forward to her birthday since her last birthday ;)

Here's a little about Evelyn at 7 (Hey, that rhymes!)

--She is the most observant little girl out there. This girl, comes home from school and can tell what I ate for lunch, or if I went to the store that day, all by whats out on the counter or not in the fridge. My boys on the other hand are clueless to the stuff. I could leave out their christmas present on the counter and they would have no idea!

--Is constantly doing hand stands on our stairs. This all started after she started gymnastics in Jan with Christian. She loves going each week and is great at the balance beam and trampoline.

--The best present I could ever give this child is an eternal friend. She just loves always being around her friends and the minute she gets home she wants to know if she can go play. We are lucky to live by so many kids in our neighborhood here and with the community park by our house, there are lots of kids playing everyday.

--She has improved so well in reading and reads every night in the scriptures with her Grandma Lewis. This has been a huge help to me since I'm usually the one putting kids to bed while Bryan is working and so my mom stepped in and helped Evelyn read her scriptures as she had a goal to finish  before her baptism. It has become her special time with grandma.

--She loves ANY one-on-one attention she can get from her mom and dad. We probably could never give her enough!

--She is determined. On the first sunday in May, she asked to fast from food. I was a little nervous with her fasting since she gets emotional without food. I told her it was fine to just fast for breakfast, but she wanted to do the full 24 hours. That morning, she never ate breakfast and then during church she started to get really hungry and wanted to eat. I told her it was fine and handed her a snack. She looked at it and then opened it and gave it to Jocelyn. I was amazed she never took a bite and ended up fasting until 1pm that day. When something is her idea, she is a determined girl to do it.

--This year has been rough for Evelyn and I as we try to see eye to eye with each other. We have our moments and frustration with each other and I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my high standard I hold for her as the oldest. I forget easily, that maybe my expectations for her are a little too high and I need to calm down a little. She is patient with me as I'ms sure being the oldest is not easy or fun.


on a mommy and daughter date to California Pizza kitchen--her request

we found, opened and ate a coconut

reading to her brothers--the best!

Easter sunday


losing so many teeth

her mothers day gift to me! :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments!