mom saves the day(more like week and month!)

8:38 PM



When my mom found out Bryan was going to be gone another month in October doing a rotation in Georgia, she so kindly booked a flight to come help me out during one of the four weeks he was away. (Note: In one year span of time, Bryan was gone five of those months, so we are so excited to be done with audition rotations)

My mom was so great to help cook meals, organize my kitchen, watch the kids and give me a break to shop.
I think one of the biggest challenges I've had with this school year is picking up Evelyn from school everyday. During the summer when it was too hot to walk I would drive to pick her up. But since she is in kindergarten you have to walk to her classroom to get her. Having to load and unload all my kids and then walk them to do the door was such a headache for me (probably because Hudson was tired after I woke him up from his nap and Christian was mad to leave the house) So everyday I dreaded that time. So having my mom there so I could go get her myself was such a huge relief for me.

The little things like that made that month without Bryan bearable. I was also so lucky to have her come during the Phoenix Temple open house. It was so neat to take her through that temple and to experience it again.



She also got to come to my 20 week anatomy doctors appt. She said it's been forever since she's seen an ultrasound done and so I was so excited to have her come with me to check this cute little girl out!

Having my mom here always reminds me how much I'm needed as a mom. I feel like even though I am a mom, I depend so much on my mom for strength and help. It always put it in perspective for me with how much my kids really do depend on me.

While my mom was here helping me WHILE I help my kids, reminded me how we are all helping each other back to our heavenly home.

and I couldn't have gone trick or treating without her


You Might Also Like

0 comments!