The snippets of September

12:49 PM

With Evelyn in school all day, life around here with 2 boys is a lot different. It involves lots of cars, balls, books, messes and energy!

Evelyn is like me and loves to get out of the house throughout the day. Christian on the other hand loves to be at home. So it was an adjustment for me when all he wanted to do was play inside during the day. It was nice change, I got some cleaning done around the home but I realized I missed getting out.

So now we try to make it a routine to hit up a park or something in the morning and then some time to still play at home.
I have loved having this time with just my 2 boys. They both love to read so we do a lot of that along with building car ramps and towers. We also love to play Candyland and Spot it.


At the end of the month, Bryan had an interview for surgical residency in El Paso. The plan was for him to just drive the 6 1/2 hours himself and then come home a few days later. It wasn't until 2 days before he left that I had a friend asked if we were going with him. I had never thought about that. I guess, I've been so used to him going traveling alone since it's never finically smart for all of us to go with him. 
But with El Paso being so close, we decided the night before to go along with him. We packed our bags, booked a (nicer) hotel and then traveled along with him. It was a short but fun trip in the end. El Paso.....well, is El Paso. Not the most pretty place in the US but was fun to experience it as a family.

He was gone all day Thursday and so the kids and I tried to get creative of fun things to do in a hotel without a car. We swam for a little bit, walked to Dennys to each lunch (such a crazy and awful experience going with 3 little kids to a restaurant.) and then spent a lot of time twirling around on the hotel chairs.

We were excited to have Bryan come home and drove right away to a mexican restaurant that we heard had good reviews. That was one things about El Paso that was amazing.......the mexican food. 

testing out the hotel bed

to say Hudson was a mess all weekend long was an understatement ;)



You Might Also Like

0 comments!