Cali-for-nia
10:30 PM
I'm not a spontaneous person. And I'm really not spontaneous after I had kids---I'm just too much of a planner. Last week, Bryan and I were chatting and I mentioned how I wish I was more spontaneous and fun. I wish I could just get up and go on a trip without having to plan it months in advance with every detail organized.
Well.......labor day we were up in Sedona with some friends when I get a text from my friend Stacey who was in California for the weekend. She said that her inlaws had a time share a mile away from Disneyland and it was vacant all week and that we should drive up the next morning. I showed the text to bryan and he said "well, this is definitely spontaneous!" I knew I had to do it and who could pass up a girls week in California??!! So we got home that night from Sedona, I packed and headed out the next morning with my 3 kids, Annie and her daughter. My other friend Collin was also in California and so she met us there.
From Tuesday to Saturday it was just the 4 girls, 8 babies (4 nursing, I should add) and a crazy/fun adventure!
(the group!)
All of our husbands are in the same year of medical school. So glad I have such good friends that have made this experience awesome!
all the kiddos
Since the trip happened suddenly, we had no plans and low expectations, which made it so nice! On Wednesday we headed out to the beautiful Newport beach! I have to admit I loved it better than the San Diego beach. We even saw a seal swimming really close to us.
We are poor medical students, so of course we are cheap and don't pay the 30 dollars for parking. Which meant, we had to haul, 8 kids and all our beach gear to and from our far away parking spot. We looked hilarious wherever we went that week!
Hudson was so amazing for his lack of sleep that day and all week!
Annie and Liza
Thursday was Disneyland! We actually all agreed that we didn't care to go to Disneyland since it was expensive and we didn't want to do it without our husbands. But Stacey's mother in law was amazing and got us some sweet connections with a worker who got us in for a cheap price. It was too good to pass up especially since we lived a mile away from it. So again, we packed up all our kids and gear and headed out for a 12+ hour day trip to Disneyland! The last time I had gone to DL was when I was 8 and so it was all new to me again. It was especially awesome, watching my kids get excited over everything! It really is magical :)
I'm not going to lie, I'm taking Bryan next time, it was way too exhausting--especially with a nursing babe!
Annie, Benson and Christian on Tow Mater ride
Meeting minnie after a show
Yeah, you could totally tell this was my first time on tower of terror since everyone knew when the camera takes your picture. You can't tell I was scared huh?! ha!
dumbo ride!
MEETING THE PRINCESSES!
I loved Ariel
Aurora was slightly awkward but Evelyn loved it :)
the teacups---my kids favorite. Good thing there is never a line :)
We saw the parade when the park closed and it was amazing!! They do such a good job!
And the night ended with a color show off the water at California Adventures! ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!
Friday was just relaxing at the pool and hanging out indoors. During that day, Christian took a huge fall to the side of his mouth and his cheek swelled up. Yet, he still smiles! Love this kid!
These babies and kids were champs the whole week despite no naps and hot days!
By far, the best moments happened late at nights. Each night we stayed up talking and playing games til 2am. It was like we were single again!
I forgot how crazy you can get in the middle of the night. Here is what happens when you lose at a round of bananagrams.......Stacey had to lick her feet and Collin and I drank our urine.
So being spontaneous was way more fun that I thought! California was a blast but absolutely insane at the same time! It was so nice to walk in the door after a 6hr car drive on Saturday and hand off the kids to a husband who slept well all week ;)









6 comments!