A welcome home we weren't expecting
9:53 AMAfter bootcamp, Bryan met us in Oregon for a week before heading back to the heat of AZ. Already, the kids and I had been staying in Oregon for 5 weeks and so we were all anxious to make the drive back and finally be "home" again. Evelyn especially was excited to play with her toys and sleep in her bed.
As we pulled into our apt complex at 8pm I could see our apt from a distance and saw that all the lights were on. My heart dropped and I knew instantly that someone had broken into our apt. I of course made Bryan go inside first and scope it out. Bryan gave us the clear to come on in and I took one look at our trashed living room and ran back to the car in tears. I couldn't get myself to look at any of the other rooms, it was bad.
Someone had not only kicked down our door, stole our electronics but rummaged through our whole place.......he even went through our underwear drawer (now, that calls for war!!) :)
I don't want to go in details of it all because, honestly, I don't wan to ever remember the look of the apt and how I felt that night knowing someone had searched through our things and walked through my kid's rooms. They may have stole our possessions but they took my sense of safety and security and that's something I'll never be able to ever get back.
So with this incident and our car being stolen exactly a year ago, we're moving.
But having said all of this, there have been so many tender mercies along the way. We also had awesome friends who opened up their apt for Evelyn and I sleep that night and friends who went out and bought groceries for us to have for Sunday. We really are so blessed!!
***So to add to this story I have to share what happened the very next day.
Since they took our electronics the only computer we had left was Bryan's iPad. After church on Sunday, Bryan was buckling up Evelyn and put her coloring page from Nursery on top of the car and then placed his iPad on top of that.
The only problem to this is, he forgot to pick it up before driving off.
And it wasn't until we got home did we realize this.
Bryan dropped us off and went pack to re trace the drive. While at home I told Evelyn we needed to say a prayer so daddy could find his iPad. She also reminded me that we needed to pray for her coloring page.
After 20 min of searching, Bryan walked through the door with no iPad but Evelyn's coloring page! She was ecstatic.
At this point, all Bryan and I could do was laugh. I told Bryan that this would be a great blog post IF we had a computer to blog about it.
Looks like it's going to be an early Christmas for the Williams family!
11 comments!