General Conference weekend
11:09 PM| DID YOU GET A GOOD SEAT TO CONFERENCE?? |
All weekend we were lucky to listen to General Conference. Probably by far, the highlight of my year. We were so blessed to listen to a living prophet and apostles on ways to become more like our Savior!
There were so many good talks, it was hard to drink it all in, which is probably why I'm excited to get to read them in the Ensign. I feel like this conference, I'm ESPECIALLY excited to read them later on. Bryan had lots to do to prepare for Mondays test, so I was flying solo during the saturday sessions and have to admit, I didn't get much out of it. Probably due to the fact I had 2 kids running around and asking when we could leave to play outside. (I can see why my parents dragged us to the church for conference growing up....1) we didn't have cable but 2) it's hard learning to be quiet and and listen when you are at HOME. Hardly ever do you have to do that for long periods of time.....something I never appreciated until I had kids.)
In Mosiah 2, during King Benjamin's address, it talks about how there was a multitude of people that not everyone could hear King Benjamin's address, so he had his words written down for the people to read. During Saturdays conference sessions and in the midst of frustration, I was reminded of this story and it made me think that maybe it was hard for those people to hear because there was just a lot of busy, active children who needed their parents attention. And even though they couldn't hear everything that was said that day, they would still get a chance to read them later on! So I'm just glad for the continuing chances we get to read, and listen to the talks again.
I do have to say there was such a neat spirit in our home during conference, ad-mist the craziness, there is something about being in your home and listening to the prophet.
| The kids made sure they got the best seats in the house |
| We tried to keep Evelyn busy by doing lots of puzzles. She is kissing her success |
One funny story during conference: To help Evelyn listen to conference, we played a game. Everytime she heard the word Jesus, prophet, President Monson (whom she calls, 'Monson President) and temple she got a chocolate chip. That girl's ears perked up, she was determined to get those chocolate chips. During one talk, she was looking at a book when she heard the speaker say "Christian people" She excitedly looked over to me and said,
"Mom, they said Tistan's (Christian's) name!!"
Poor girl thought that since they said Christian's name, that they would eventually say her name.
Let's just say Christian's name was heard a lot during conference!
5 comments!