Do I really know my kids?
10:02 PM Mother's Day this year was fabulous! There is something about not having to change a single diaper or make any meals that is just wonderful. AND to top it off my mother was in town and so I was actually going to be with her on Mother's Day which is a rare occasion. So I decided this year to give her a card and a picture of her with Christian as a little gift. To give you a little more background to the story, when my mom was in town helping out after Christian's birth she had taken a lot of cute pictures on her camera so I made sure to download them on my computer before she left. But in the process of downloading, I accidentally transferred all her photos on her camera which consisted of my sister Ondalynn and her kids and Emily. A couple of weeks after my mom left there was a deal on snapfish to save money on 100 prints so I went crazy and got a lot of printed photos of Christian's birth and his arrival home.
When flipping through the prints for my mother's gift I decided on a picture that was my favorite and it happened to be this one.
As we were driving to West Jordan for Mother's day dinner I was glancing at the photo and noticed how cute Christian's sleeper was. And then it dawned on me that I had NEVER seen that sleeper before.......ACTUALLY THAT WASN'T EVEN MY SON!! THAT WAS MY NEPHEW! I had just given a picture of my mom and my nephew for MY mother's day gift. Wow, did I feel so dumb!
Apparently I don't even know my own kid's faces.
8 comments!