The News Years Resolution I was NOT hoping for.......
2:43 PMLast week for FHE, Bryan and I wrote down some physical, spiritual and mental goals for the next couple of months. Bryan's latest goal is to run everyday followed by yoga(he really wants to be more flexible when he rock climbs). My goal was to have this baby!!.......and to "study" more of the scriptures everyday.
Since Evelyn can't fully communicate, I'm not quite sure what her goals are for this year but by my observations they are......
--Quit taking an afternoon nap
--Fight sleeping at nighttime
--Bang her head a little harder on her crib(she has four fat bruises on her forehead to prove it)
--test her mom's patience and love everyday.
I don't mean to be a negative Nancy here but I'm seriously at my breaking point and I have no idea what to do. So I'm seeking help.....please!!
I picked up this book at the library called "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" by Harvey Karp. He gives a lot of good insight into a toddlers mind which has made me more aware of what Evelyn is going through. He lists different temperamants of a toddler; easy, shy and spirited. My child has a spirited temperamant to a T. She is the type of kid who could run off wherever she is and not care where mom and dad are. She has very extreme highs and lows when it comes to her emotions.
To give you an example of her behavior: Today, Bryan came in to say goodbye before leaving for school. Evelyn flipped out and got down on the ground and started banging her head over and over. So Bryan picked her up to give her a kiss too and tried to calm her down but that didn't work. I then took over since he had to leave, which then she started whamming her head into mine over and over and biting my shoulder. THis went on for the next 30min where she just screamed and screamed.
Little things throw her off and then you can't control her. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!!
It's so embarrasing in public for me because when these trantums occur she starts pulling my hair, slapping me and falling to ground banging her head. I have no desire to step out of the house because of it.
Then recently she fights her afternoon nap and by the time she actually goes down is around 3pm which means she then won't go to bed until 9pm. I worship her afternoon nap so this has been really hard for me. She is not even 2 yet.......is this too early to give it up?
Anyways, I hate writing about all these things because she really is such a cute girl and she has her moments that remind me that she is still so innocent and sweet but these last couple of weeks have been rough and I finally breaking down for help!
So any advice would be great. Even if you let me know (a lie or not) that all toddlers are like this would make me feel a lot better.
11 comments!