Girls Camp 2010

3:04 PM

Holy Moly! I'm so far behind and I have little motivation to get caught up.......So here is my attempt.

A couple of weeks ago I went to Girls Camp with the Young Women in my ward for the whole week. Bryan was a champ to stay with Evelyn and so many good people in my ward watched her while he was at work. It ended up being such a fun and relaxing week.

The theme was "Journey to the Son" and each ward was a temple/place. Our ward was......


The camp directors were amazing and came with so many neat decoration




One night we had a "value" fire. The reason the flames change colors is by taking a copper pipe and poking holes on the top and stick a piece of garden hose in the middle and put it in the fire. Soon the flames become all the value colors. (you can actually see the copper pipe in the fire)

We went canoeing twice that week.

I went on the 5mile hike with the 2nd years....which was not so easy being high up in the mountains. We had to come up with a lot games to keep our minds off the fact that it was extremely hot, we had 4 miles to go and that we had to go to the bathroom super bad.



The coveted hammock

Prepping for skit night


We are at a service project....can you tell :)

One of the nights during the week, we all woke up at 4am to mice scurrying around in the cabin searching for food. I absolutely hate mice with a passion. So you can imagine how little sleep I got that night. I kept thinking in my mind, if God can protect David in the Lions Den, then he can surely protect me from a cabin filled with mice :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments!