Day of Labor

7:48 PM

Labor day=picnic/hike........
Or so it always seems like that for me. Maybe it's because that was what we did every year growing up. My parents would pile all 9 of us in the car to go for a hike and then that night we would get together with families in our ward to have a huge potluck. Labor day was also a dread as a kid because it meant summer was over and school was right around the corner. When I look back on it, I remember it being more of a celebration for my mom who was finally getting some peace and quiet during the day.
So to keep with the tradition, we did just that this year. We had a fun and quick (trying to escape without 1000 mosquito bites) picnic and then went on our hike up to the falls.


This pictures always reminds me of "Emperors New Groove" when Pacha and the Emperor are climbing up the mountain.........



I forgot Evelyn's sun hat so we had to be creative with her blanket. She was such a trooper through it all. I'm sure she already hates this tradition we've started.





You Might Also Like

5 comments!