Happy Birthday to Me
12:38 PM(post by Evelyn)
Hello Everyone, this is my first post ever! I thought since it was my 2 month birthday last week, I should let everyone know how it went.
Days leading up to April 23rd, mom said that I would be turning 2 months old and that usually on birthdays people celebrate with cake, icecream and presents.

This got me way excited for my special day. I personally have never had cake and Icecream but I hear it is delicious. After much anticipation, my 2 month birthday finally arrived. I was so excited that I woke up at 3:30am. Mom didn't seem to happy about this.
Then around 11:30am mom and dad put me in the carseat for a little car ride. I was hoping this is where they would take me to the store to pick out a really cool baby toy but come to find out I was way wrong. We pulled up to the doctors office instead. The nurse made me strip down to my diaper (doesn't she know anything about privacy?) and she weighed and measured me. This was not a fun birthday gift because who likes to find out they gained 4 pounds on their b-day!?
Then she brought in 3 long pointy things.

At first I thought these were the candles that I would be blowing out but again I was wrong. She then started poking me with each of them REALLY fast. I wanted to yell and remind her that I was a human being and not some orange she was used to practicing on in nursing school. I have to admit though I cried a lot and really loud but I think mom outbeat me in the amount of tears shed.
So after that experience I was ready to end my birthday right there before anything else painful happened. Oh yeah, and remember the cake and icecream I was supposed to get??.......well mom said that she would gladly eat it for me and I could get the leftovers in her milk. What a lousy brthday. All I have to say is I'm not looking forward to May 23rd.
8 comments!