trip to Texas part 1
5:56 PMDuring the summer, I was talking to my friend Collin Wood and we were chatting how we really need to see each other. I was checking flights to Dallas or checking to see how long it would take to drive but I just didn't know if it would really happen. Bryan came to me in September and told me he had a NICU conference that he was presenting at in San Antonio. I checked the distance and saw it was 4 hours away from Dallas. I told him we totally need to go and see the Woods while we are there.
So we checked around for babysitting and Bryan's sister Tesa was a gem to say yes and come out. It was one of the best times away! I'm realizing how good this is for me and Bryan to get away and not just for a date night but for like days! I feel like it always takes me a day or two to finally start relaxing and so being gone for 5 days was so perfect! I came back refreshed and a much happier mom.
We stayed in this fancy hotel in San Antonio that was right on the riverwalk. Bryan and I realized we are not fancy enough for that hotel!
On Friday we went to the SA temple and did sealings. It was the first time I had done sealing with the new change in the wording. It was so cool! (Funny story, Bryan grabbed both of our temple bags as we left for the airport only to find out, he grabbed the wrong bag for him and so he had no church clothes or temple clothes when we went. Luckily they had a few spare clothes as they don't do rentals at the temple--very typical Bryan experience)
We ate at Torcheys tacos (we ate there 3 times that trip....it was amazing) and then hung around the hotel before his conference started that night.
While he was gone at his conference I spent most of my time shopping which is something that is hard for me to do with kids! When he got done on Saturday we ate at this amazing restaurant (can I just say we ate so much good food while we were there!) drove by Katie Hornberger's old house and took pictures for her--who lives here in Maryland now but misses SA so much. We also looked around the military base and then came back to our hotel to get on a ferry boat tour of the riverwalk. We also walked around the Alamo and other historic sites and then late that night we ate some steak right on the riverwalk. It was so fun!
we are in texas ya'll
I'm serious, the most amazing food!
haha this grumpy man was photo bombing my picture
Then on Sunday, we went to the closest church building by our hotel. It was a super small ward and you could tell the members were all walks of life yet the spirit was so strong during those 2 hours. (Maybe because I had some time to ponder and think without the distraction of kids but I learned some really cool things that day.) There was quite the contrast of people we were around in that fancy hotel for few days vs the members in the small ward and yet it was such a testimony to me that God loves them all.
Right after church, we drove up to Dallas and stopped in Waco along the way. It is closed on Sunday but the outside grounds are so pretty. We also stopped at the Dr pepper museum--for Bryan!
0 comments!