Mothers day 2019
6:39 PM
So, these are not your typical "best dressed/hair done/stand outside" mothers day pictures but these pictures depict really how life is at our house! We look great and a hot mess all at the same time! Being a mom has been amazing but so incredibly hard at the same time.
This was a job I wanted to have for so many years but then when I was in the thick of being a mom and had all these thoughts "I hated it" I started to feel really guilty and shameful. How could I have these thoughts when I have such great and healthy kids. How could I be thinking this way when so many moms talk about how they love being around their kids 24/7. What was wrong with me??
I'm grateful for all that I've learned these last few years as I done some serious thought work on my brain to help me see that it's okay to not enjoy every aspect of motherhood but at the same time, I can enjoy it if I want. I have full control over this motherhood experience.
I can notice that my kids cry a lot or I can see that it's totally normal for kids to cry. I could focus on all the things I'm not doing as a mom or I could appreciate myself on the things I do, do. I think I also approached motherhood with this fear that everything I was or wasn't doing would in the long run mess them up. And now I'm confident that all my kids will need therapy from my parenting but I'm okay with that. haha! I'm just trying to be the best mom that I want and know how to be.
I have grown to love being a mom so much more as I've taken control over my thoughts!
Even though my kids all have the "Williams stamp" look, their personalities are so uniquely different and I'm so grateful to be their mom!
Evelyn was so awesome and made me homemade pancakes and fruit for breakfast in bed when Bryan was working on Mothers day that morning! She is such a gem!
0 comments!