winter weather
6:15 PMSince our family hadn't experienced a real winter in the past 7 years, we (okay, really I) was nervous for colder temperatures. My kids were ecstatic for snow, but I was fully aware that snow comes with a price and a price I wasn't sure I wanted to pay ;)
But since I've been doing a lot of work on my thoughts, and noticing how I was dreading the winter, I decided that this winter I would notice all the things I would love about this season. It's amazing how just being more open minded to the weather change, I was able to notice things I really do love about it.
Here are just a few.....
Of course, the winter comes with the good excuse of drinking copious amounts of hot cocoa and to bake all day long!
I also loved that the weather got us to be more indoors and play more games and puzzles with each other.
I also felt like I could cook soups all day, everyday and not feel the need to turn down the AC in our home to enjoy the soup......like we did in Hawaii. ;)
But the biggest reason why I loved the winter was that my kids never escaped from the house. I know sounds crazy, but I have little escape artist on my hands who love to sneak outside when I'm not looking or run outside if they are mad. But one cold day when Hudson got mad, I saw him storm out in frustration and only get a few feet away before he realized it was too cold. haha! It made my life so much easier not chasing down my kids or corralling them all in at dinner time. Who knew!
And luckily, Maryland is similar to Oregon where they shut down the whole city if snow falls from the sky and so my kids had extra fun playing in the snow with no school!
0 comments!