leaving paradise
6:56 PMSo it's funny how I moved to Hawaii and struggled adjusting to my life there and then at the end of 3 years living there, I didn't want to leave. Hawaii was so great for our family!
We had so many fun family adventures and memories. Lots of surfing, being buried in the sand and endless amounts of shaved ice! I'm writing about this 10 months after we have moved (so behind.....) and talking about Hawaii makes me want to cry. I miss 75 degree weather all day and all year long! It is seriously such an amazing place, and to top it off the people are pretty incredible too. The locals in our ward were so down to earth and had such a love for everyone, even the transient military families who come and go.
I loved the way the people live. It's a very simple life. There aren't a ton of stores over there and online shipping takes so long and costs so much, so people just get by with what they have. I loved watching dads carry their kids on their shoulders (shoeless of course) walking on the road with a fish they had just caught and taking it back to their home to eat. People just lived off what the island provided!
I love the laid back life there. I loved that people gave a "shaka" when you let them in to your lane on the road, or how they greeted you with aloha and a kiss when you went to church. It really is a special place there!
Among all the amazing people, the beautiful blue water, fine sand and the mountains was not hard to fall in love with either and we miss all the adventures we had during those three years. It's been a hard adjustment trying to find what we love to do in Maryland as a family. Hawaii just made it is so easy! You could go to 15 different beaches in 20min or hike 15 different routes a few minutes from our house. It was such a great time for our family and we feel so lucky that we got to experience it all for three years! The last few weeks before we moved we crammed as much beach and pool time with our friends.
I love the laid back life there. I loved that people gave a "shaka" when you let them in to your lane on the road, or how they greeted you with aloha and a kiss when you went to church. It really is a special place there!
Among all the amazing people, the beautiful blue water, fine sand and the mountains was not hard to fall in love with either and we miss all the adventures we had during those three years. It's been a hard adjustment trying to find what we love to do in Maryland as a family. Hawaii just made it is so easy! You could go to 15 different beaches in 20min or hike 15 different routes a few minutes from our house. It was such a great time for our family and we feel so lucky that we got to experience it all for three years! The last few weeks before we moved we crammed as much beach and pool time with our friends.
beach with the David, Brown and Mitchell family
the 2 Jocelyn's--the best of friends!
my favorite running buddy. Brittany moved the last year we were there and I only wish I had more time with her. She was so easy to talk to and we had so much fun running at 5:30am. Her husband was also a pediatric resident
the last sunday we were there, the ward members came up and wished us goodbye and brought leis for each of us. Seriously, I miss that ward!
one of our last days included eating at our favorite pizza place --Sophies pizza
Since we flew out late at night we had to do one more pool day with our friends the Mitchells and St. Clairs! We miss these kids and that pool!
0 comments!