pregnancy #5

9:06 PM

At the end of February in 2017, I found out that I was pregnant with number 5! Since Jocelyn was 12 months old, I kept having this feeling there was a little one waiting to join our family. I distinctly feeling like it was going to be a little boy and that him and Jocelyn were best buds up in heaven. 


I brought it up to Bryan and he was like "heck no" not for a while. Life with 4 was crazy but I just couldn't help but feel there was another one missing.

So I waited 9 months to even bring up the baby talk. It was funny because one day I had this distinct impression to have another baby. When Bryan got home from work that night, out of the blues he told me......You know what? I was driving home from work and thinking, I think I'm done having kids."
I laughed so hard because I just that day I had an impression to have another one. 
It was a great time for us to really talk and think about our decision.

THen a few months later, I found out that I was going to have a baby! We kept it a secret from the kids until we heard the heartbeat at 12 weeks. In march, Bryan was on a whole month of nights but it ended up being a tender mercy because I was so sick and I had no energy to make dinners and since Bryan wasn't there for dinner, I felt a lot less guilty putting lots of quesadillas, oatmeal and cereal on the table day after day. 
I was so sick that I thought for sure that maybe I was having a girl after all. I threw up 3-4 times a week. But besides that I had most of my energy which I was so grateful.

We sent the kids on a treasure hunt to discover what the big news would be

They were so excited

It's a BOY!! (I was pretty shocked!)

The whole pregnancy went really smooth. I got excruciating pain around 29 weeks that lasted a few weeks. It was incredibly painful and put my in bed most days. So grateful for tv that entertained my kids while I endured the pain.

I have been so blessed to have such good pregnacies. During the last month of my pregnancy, Bryan was on a whole month of nights again. I usually hate the month of nights but luckily I had lots of things on my to-do list before baby came, so I was able to get a lot done.


16 weeks

23 weeks

35 weeks

37 weeks

38 weeks

40 weeks

You Might Also Like

0 comments!