Hiking in Hawaii

4:20 PM

It's a struggle every time Bryan has a day off on what we are going to do. Hiking or beach ;) Its a rough life! But seriously, I love the moutains and Bryan loves the ocean so it's always a battle on which one we do. And some days we are lucky and can squeeze in both! I fell in love with hiking here because there are so many different hikes, with amazing views all in 20 min. Here are some hikes we've been on...

We hiked the Judd trail which led to the jackass ginger pools. I had heard the markers on the hike are hard to follow and its safe to say Bryan and I thought we were completely lost. But right up to the point where we thought we were on the wrong trail and would never make it to the pools, we heard the water in the distance. It was glorious ;) It was such a fun day hiking and then cooling off in the pools where there was a rock slide and cliffs to jump off. On our way back to the car we realized a much faster route to the pools--oh well, it was such a fun hike and we were glad to experience it


The first hike we went on was the Lanaiki pillboxes. This was when I was convinced, hiking in Hawaii was my new favorite thing!


(check out my view while nursing! This color of the ocean is really that green and blue)

Then on my own, I sneaked away one morning on Saturday to catch the sunrise at Lanaiki Pillboxes.



While my parents were here we escaped away to Manawilil falls. This hike is just plain MUDDY! We were trying to be careful where we stepped that it took us so long to get there. We saw so many shoes a long the way where people just ditched their shoes and went barefoot. On the way back we didn't care where we stood. We were so muddy at this point we ran right through the mud. Bryan jumped off this 50 ft cliff in the falls


this picture makes me laugh because we asked someone to take our picture and he said "Well, I'm not really good" And I thought how hard could it be to snap a picture of us in front of the falls. And apparently it was because every picture did not have the falls in the background :)



Makapuu lighthouse


Went with our friends the Davids to Manoa falls. 

This is Koko head. Its a straight climb of 1075 stairs all the way up. On the other side of the mountain is a shooting range so gun shots are constantly going off. Every step you take, you feel like you are getting shot at ;) But its a great hike for a cardio workout and it takes up 40 min to get up. And the view is seriously spectacular! 


Ive done this hike three times now and each one is so amazing. This is us at sunset!


The kids did awesome on the Puu Pia hike

this picture just doesn't do justice for the beauty of all the green!


A very touristy "Hike" is Waimea falls. It's more of a stroll to get to the falls but once you are there they hand out life jackets that you are required to wear. It was actually really enjoyable because our whole family could go in at once instead of Bryan and I taking turns. It was so fun to swim around as a family by this fall!








This hike was interesting;beautiful and amazing but extremely scary. Like, I still got anxious when I think about how easily we could have died! We thought we were on the Kuliouou trail which we hear is a favorite hike for so many. So we were excited to do this one. Well, good ol google maps took us to  a different starting point and we were not on the trail. I was so confused why we didn't see a single soul on the trail especially on Saturday and now I know why ;)  I have no idea what this hike is called but we shall call it death ;) BUT it was so cool to be high up and touch the clouds as it traveled over us.



It doesn't look scary but you are literally walking on a cliff

this is me completely scared!

Bryan has no fear


You Might Also Like

2 comments!