Phoenix Arizona Temple

9:31 PM

Who knew when we move to Arizona and started medical school that we would be living 5 minutes away from the new Phoenix temple.

The Phoenix Temple was announced 2008 and just this past November 2014, it was dedicated. Since we were so close, we felt like we saw the start to the finish and what an amazing experience it was to go through the first time.

May 2012

I love the promise of a temple:
"Every foundation stone that is laid for a Temple, and every Temple completed . . . , lessens the power of Satan on the earth, and increases the power of God and Godliness."

The temple is truly heaven on earth and brings peace and happiness that can't be found in the world. 




my mom was in town during the open house



my friend's parents, had this made for our family!
Williams Family
November 16,2014

The dedication was beautiful! One thing that I loved that was said was "Just like this temple is being dedicated, we need to rededicate our lives to be worthy to enter"

From the announcement to the dedication, it was a total of 6 years. A lot of time, effort and labor was spent on this temple and it made me reflect what I was doing spiritually during the physical labor/construction of the temple. Was I adequately preparing myself during those 6 years of building up my spiritual reservoir?

Since we leave in June, we only get to enjoy the Phoenix temple for 6 more months but I want to be so much better at attending the temple. When Bryan and I got married we were in Provo and took for granted the easy accessibility of the temple. It wasn't until we moved to Arizona and had to travel an hour, that we realized we should have gone more to the Provo temple. That is my goal, twice a month (if not once a week) to attend the temple.

You Might Also Like

0 comments!