First day of Kindergarten!

10:04 PM

The first day of Kindergarten has been looked forward to for about 2 1/2 years! My social butterfly talked forever about the one day when she would go to REAL school.

Well the night before her first day it all finally felt real that my (once) baby whose been with me the longest will be going to school and not only that but will be going to school for a very long time. There is no turning back!

Of course, tons of guilt for all the times I didn't spend with her, came upon me and I was a little anxious to send her off.

But that morning came and this girl was as excited as could be. Poor Christian kept saying, "Evelyn I'm going to miss you! Evelyn I'm REALLY going to miss you. " (It's definitely been a hard transition for this kid to lose his side kick)

Since it's been two weeks now, I can attest that she is doing awesome and seems to behave really well. Her teacher is Mrs Benson and Evelyn think she is the prettiest lady! In the mornings, we'll walk to her classroom and she usually ask "I wonder what Mrs Benson is wearing today" haha! She is such an observant little girl.

She thinks that she is in school like her daddy. So before her first day she asked me if she was supposed to go back to school after dinner to study too?! ha!

Since Evelyn has been gone all day, it's been an adjustment in this home getting used to just the 2 boys. I have realized more than ever how much of a home body Christian is. I'm realizing now that the reason he ever got out of the house before was because Evelyn was excited to and he just followed her but now that she is gone, he complains if I ever mention leaving!




post 1st day of school---yep, they missed her... a lot!


on her own, Evelyn asked to write her teacher a thank you card!



You Might Also Like

0 comments!