San Diego
10:48 PMWe began searching for hotels to stay at but nothing was working out for us and then 2 weeks before we leave we hear of this awesome hotel. I guess there is a physician here in Glendale who owns a hotel in San Diego and gives medical students here a 50 percent off discount. So we got this awesome suite, 2 bedrooms, kitchen and living room that fit us all for a stellar price. And the added bonus was that it sat on the cliffs above the ocean. It was perfect! The weather (75 degrees I might add), company, food and entertainment was awesome! We had so much fun chatting, eating and hanging out with the Browns. They were so good to put up with our crazy family!
Our beautiful hotel!
| the view right outside our hotel |
| this hotel was like a rose garden. So many pretty flowers. I guess the owner flys to San Diego every week to visit his hotel and plants a flower while he is there. |
| golfing in style! |
The Mormon Battalion Visitor Center
| panning for gold |
After the visitor center we went out to eat at this hole in the wall mexican restaurant. I never got pictures because, well, five kids under the age of 4 at a restaurant ended up being a HUGE mistake. Plus it was their bedtime. So imagine, lots of crying children and Christian making an escape for the exit door every 2 minutes. The minute we got in the car, Bryan and I both looked at each other and said, "Are you having fun, because I'm not having fun!" It's hilarious to look back on it but a headache of an experience at the moment!
The next day was spent all day surfing at the beach
(the only negative part to it was the fact that we got FRIED at the beach. It was overcast all morning and chilly so of course I spaced it with the sunscreen......4 hours later and we are toasted!!)
![]() |
| Evelyn and her new body board |
![]() |
| Bryan taking Evelyn out on the waves |
| traditional burying of the body in the sand |
![]() |
| Hudson approved of the beach |
| Bryan and his surf board |
Lots of exploring
Family pictures
This is Stacey's little girl Eden, isn't she adorable. I had to add it in. I feel terrible we never got a family picture with the Browns.
yep, we got fried
San Diego Temple
Before we left we saw the SD temple for the first time. Pictures does not do justice to this beautiful building



2 comments!