Mommy, Daughter date
9:56 PM
Latley, I've been wrestling a lot on how to deal with an aggression issue that Evelyn is having. When she gets excited or frustrated she usually reacts in an aggressive way towards Christian or friends. I was hoping that this would be a phase she would grow out quickly but since it's lasted longer than I hoped I realized that I needed to start focusing on this issue.
It's been on my mind and in my prayers a lot recently. I just haven't felt like our disciplining has done much good. She really does have such a tender heart and sweet nature, she just struggles with controlling her emotions.
So one night I was praying for guidance when I received the prompting to take her out on a "mommy, daughter date."
I was taken off guard because this really wasn't the answer I was seeking for but I followed it anyways and it has been such a blessing FOR ME!
You see, I embarrassingly have to admit that I think this was the first (?) official date that I've had with Evelyn. Bryan is really good about taking her out and maybe that's why I've slipped in making it a priority.
I realized on the date that I'm such a better mom when I'm just with one child! :)..... I actually let her try on every sunglass and hat in the store (which would never happen if I was in Walmart managing three kids).....so, see I can be fun!
Evelyn is it the age where she has so much to say yet I'm usually so flustered trying to manage Christian or nurse Hudson that I don't really take the time to listen to all her thoughts. I also realized that I've depended on her a lot to occupy Christian, change Hudson's diaper or vacuum the floors that I have forgotten to HELP her out by giving her the one on one attention she needs.
Evelyn is it the age where she has so much to say yet I'm usually so flustered trying to manage Christian or nurse Hudson that I don't really take the time to listen to all her thoughts. I also realized that I've depended on her a lot to occupy Christian, change Hudson's diaper or vacuum the floors that I have forgotten to HELP her out by giving her the one on one attention she needs.
Overall, I've realized that before I get too frustrated with these phases my kids go through, I need to reevaluate what I'm doing wrong and see how I can better meet their needs.
Parenting, why does it have to be so complicated sometimes :)
4 comments!