Oct General Conference 2012

9:31 PM

I feel like "new years day" comes more than just once a year for me. More like every 6months. After General Conference, I'm always so much more motivated to be a better wife, mom and friend.

This year General Conference weekend was a little more exciting than mosts.

First off, we had to take Evelyn into the ER after she sliced open her big toe. She refused to go to the hospital but after much bribes she got in the car and left. They gave her a local anethiestia and then gave her the stitches. Poor girl was terrified and put up a fight that Bryan and a medical technician had to hold her down.
Luckily the whole experience was made up with a Wendys frosty afterwards.


The other exciting news that came from this weekend was hearing from President Monson that the age for missionaries had been lowered. Young men can now serve at 18 and Young women at 19. I can only imagine the expressions coming from mission presidents and BYU faculty and bishops when hearing this announcement for the first time. I kind of wish I was a fly on the wall to see it. 

I know for my 20 year old sister, this announcement was an answer to prayer. She has been in limbo the past few months wondering what to do next semester. This announcement couldn't have come at a more perfect time for her and she knew immediately that she should serve a mission.

She filled out her mission papers THAT night and then got all her interviews and doctors appts taken care and now a week later her papers are submitted. I'm so excited for her! 

Just recently her stake president put on a power point presentation at a fireside and mentioned that SLC usually receives 500 new missionary applications in one week but with the new announcement they have received 3700.

Talk about an exciting time for the church and it will be interesting to hear about how many missions will be opening soon with the influx of missionaries.

You Might Also Like

2 comments!