Week 1 at home
9:21 PMSo my mom left on Monday and I've wanted to cry every day since. She seriously saved me and after she left I forgot what it was like to wash dishes and start the laundry. Unfortunately we all came down with coughs and colds the day she went home that left us stranded inside for most of the week. It amazes me that Evelyn still had so much energy even being sick. How does that happen? So poor girl got cabin fever super fast but thanks to Bryan for taking her out daily so I could rest.
(sidenote: Evelyn has done well with this new transition. Yes, she has her moments and hits,claws and throws things at Christian but for the most part she loves him. She loves to help change his diaper and burp him(probably because she gets to "hit" him) It makes it nice that he sleeps often so I can still give her lots of attention but I'm not sure how it's going to be once that begins to change. And speaking of Christian he eats and sleeps like a pro. After peeing through every outfit I put him in, I decided this kid needs to move up to size 1 diapers. I can't believe he is 2 weeks old and is already growing way too fast.)
Anyways, here is a recap in pictures of what we've been up to.
| Trying to figure out who this kid is and why he is taking over mom's attention |
![]() |
| Having a tea party of water and popcorn with her birthday gift from her cousins |
![]() | ||
| Checking Christian's poopy diaper |
![]() |
| Giving lots and lots of kisses |
![]() |
| Having fun with cousins and grandma. (yes, my child will only take a picture if she has food in her hand) |
| Apparently tummy time is just as important for 2 year olds as newborns |
| We've been nursing a lot around here |
![]() |
| But mostly, we've just been chillin and hanging low around here |






8 comments!