Lots of candy makes for a happy kid

8:58 PM

I was really looking forward to see how Evelyn would take to all the halloween festivities even though I had a pretty good idea how it was going to end up. And she did not fail me in my predictions. This is how trick or treating went with her....
me: "Evelyn, say trick or treat"
Evelyn: flapping her arms and stomping her feet as she eyes the candy. (they obviously weren't handing out the candy fast enough for her)
me: "tell them thank you"
Evelyn: quickly signs thank you and off she goes
Then before we can reach the next person she is digging in her bag for the one piece of candy that was thrown in and demanding that she eat it. It didn't make sense to her why you would WAIT to eat any sort of candy that is given to you. So, I had to do a lot of distracting to keep her mind off the candy in her bag. Let's just say I was exhausted by the end of the night.

My little ballerina. (Thanks to my friend for helping me sew her outfit together)


trick or treating at Macey's grocery store

at the ward trunk or treat (which ended up being inside because of the rain)

You Might Also Like

6 comments!