The sting of death
9:22 PMI woke up randomly at 6:30 this morning and had this distinct impression to go lock the front room windows. When the thought came, I just laughed and brushed it aside. I knew Bryan would make fun of me when he finds out I got out of bed at 6am to lock the windows (side note: Bryan thinks it's funny that I'm so paranoid, sometimes I have to check the door 5 times at night to make sure it's locked:)
But then the thought came to me again and I knew I needed to just do it. So I go in the living room and kneel down on the couch to reach the window, right then I GOT STUNG BY A BEE!!!! That little sucker totally just stung me on my knee and it hurt OH SO BAD (Can you believe this was my first encounter with a bee sting) I ran back to the room in panic and made Bryan check to see if there was a stinger and to get it out.
As I sat in my room piling on the baking soda paste, I wondered why I had that distinct impression and in return got stung by a bee? I still have no idea but I did come to the conclusion that maybe if I didn't go to the couch that morning maybe Evelyn would have been the first one to sit on the couch and then get stung herself all while I'm trying to get everyone out for church at 9am.
I have no idea, but all I know is the Lord really works in mysterious ways!
ps. How long does the pain last for bee stings? 12+ hours later and it still really hurts (am I just a wimp?)
9 comments!